This second job thing really cuts into my writing time… mainly because I’m too tired to fucking do anything. I did get my FNCCC done last week (Saturday night to be exact). Today is going to be a MEGA POST.
Special Note: I’m gonna go and change the linky things dates to something far in the future so peeps can continue to link to them. You can find the Linky for FNCCC 8 WAYYYYYYY down at the bottom.
For your convenience I will provide you with a handy navigation bar for the various sections of this post.
I started blogging I started reading a lot of other blogs (I know, imagine that). I get a chance to see a lot of awesome posts this way and I thought the drudgery of Monday’s would be a great way share those posts and other interesting things that I stumble upon with you.
Each Monday I’ll be bringing you a Mini Map (thx Linaa!) of things I came across last week. Anything that isn’t work safe is denoted as such [NSFW]. If you come across anything you think is awesome and should be included in a Mini Map Monday then feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks all, I hope you enjoy them.
1. How many of you are old enough to remember this?
2. Betsy, Den and I went and saw Inception last night. It is an absolutely amazing movie. I haven’t seen a movie this good since The Matrix came out. Great plot, great actors, special effects were great without being over the top… just an amazing movie. I highly suggest you go see it. I went on a tangent here… my point was that there are some movies you should see and some that you shouldn’t. Especially as kids (Inception was only PG-13 btw but children would get lost as fuck watching it). Kids, I don’t much like them… stay on subject here Xeo… fuck it. 10 saddest kids movies
4. How often have you leech’d off someone elses wireless?
5. The trailers for Inception had a nice Tron: Legacy trailer which put goosebumps on my arms. Gizmodo has some nice new pics for it as well. I can’t wait to see it. Ever since Babylon 5 I’ve been in love with Bruce Boxleitner and even if he’s just a cameo in the movie it’s enough of a reason to watch it.
6. I don’t even know how to preface this one… number 1 or number 2?
7. I’ve got two comics for you. The first is about polar bears and cars. Probably not in the way you are thinking though…
8. Kray had to link this to me last week. I wish it were this easy.
The second job is becoming more stable and I’m slowly getting into a rhythm so I should be back on top of my game this week. Last week though… well… I was sooooo fucking excited about Giada. I didn’t pick out a recipe though and I was kinna freakin’ out. I told Betsy and Den I’d cook for them if she wanted to pick a recipe and I’d just make it over at her house. Her eyes lit up like she had suddenly discovered a way for me to get rid of the body without anyone finding it.
She picked for me Fettuccine Alfredo and Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders. I’m lactose intolerant but I’d eat fet. alfredo until my internal organs liquified (which they often do) and oozed out of my pores. I just fucking love the stuff.
I showed up at B&D’s (not bondage and dominance) Saturday night after a 10 hour shift and I could barely stand up straight. My back hurt, my abs hurt, the muscles on my sides hurt, my feet threatened to go on strike. I had my lunch break at around 1pm that day and it was 8pm when I got there. I just wanted food and I wanted it now so I wasn’t completely into the whole cooking thing (especially 2 dishes). I had to make 2 because Den hates creamy milky things. /boggle
Betsy got the chicken started for me by putting it to soak in the buttermilk. I don’t like to get my hands dirty and so I’m often washing my hands after every step while I cook. I HATE having weird nasty things touching my hands. Buttermilk has the consistency of cold vomit which is not great. Then you have to dip the chicken strips into the breading and your “dry” hand starts to build up a bit of breading on the tips of it. /shudder
Come to think of it they went together fucking easy as shit. You just let them sit in the cold vomit until you bread ’em then shove ’em in the oven ’til their done.
I moved onto the Alfredo and that’s when the tired really started to kick in. I started pouring the heavy cream into the pan when I realized I hadn’t measured it at all. Betsy started laughing at me. Apparently me cooking is a good show since I cook like a newborn chicken walks (read: not very well).
We Betsy got the heavy cream ordeal fixed. We only had about 2/3rds of the required lemon juice but I’m not a huge fan of lemon so figured it’d be okay. We only put in half the zest as well. I stirred and stirred and stirred until it was all combined and done and we got our fet noodles in and bam!
It tasted like shit.
I can’t imagine how it tastes when you put the correct amount of lemon in it. Fucking nasty. Alfredo already has a very subtle flavor that will take on the taste of anything you put in it… in this case it was a lemon. I’d be happy to make this recipe again… without the lemon. In fact, I’m adding lemon zest to the list of things I won’t cook with!
Oh, and I made the sauce for the chicken strips. WTF is that. Have you tasted balsamic vinegar? I can still taste it and it doesn’t taste so good.
The fet. alfredo was done and that’s when Betsy realized we hadn’t taken out our newly semi blackened chicken strips! The flavor on the ones that survived wasn’t bad. It certainly wasn’t as good as I was expecting though.
I want to say the recipes let me down (and they did a bit) but I’m sure somewhere in there that my lack of joy for cooking took hold and sabotaged myself.
We had chinese instead.
This is a lot to write for one post! I have no idea who this chick is. I wanted to say she was one of the Neely’s… but her last name is Anderson so maybe it’s Mr. Neely’s mistress chef? She cooks food… she has a bio… some recipes that you should probably make.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…