Since I started blogging I started reading a lot of other blogs (I know, imagine that). I get a chance to see a lot of awesome posts this way and I thought the drudgery of Monday’s would be a great way share those posts and other interesting things that I stumble upon with you.
Each Monday I’ll be bringing you a Mini Map (thx Linaa!) of things I came across last week. Anything that isn’t work safe is denoted as such [NSFW]. If you come across anything you think is awesome and should be included in a Mini Map Monday then feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks all, I hope you enjoy them.
I’m not sure if the last MiniMap Monday was well received or not (I tend to judge it based on comments). This week I’m gonna go a bit off the WoW road and do more random misc. than WoW. Here’s the stuff I’ve found for you over the last week…
- Dr. Drew (you might remember him from MTV, costarring with Adam Carolla on Lovelines) has his own show called Celebrity Rehab. It’s about… uhm… celebrities going to rehab and he’s their doctor. Anyway, he has a test he uses to gauge their narcissism (nar – cis – sism : inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity). How narcissistic are you? You should take the test and find out.
- Ever wonder why you are so obsessed with WoW? Nah, me neither, I’m too busy playing it! In truth though there are several reasons you (and a billion other people) love playing it. Here’s some great ways video games get you addicted.
- Remember that dog I got? I thought he was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. If I had waited a few months though I’d totally have gotten one of these instead.
- #2 was kind of WoW related right? Okay, fine… here’s a really good post about Hymn of Hope and better ways to abuse it priests. It’s a nice read and includes some ways of using it that I hadn’t though of. As a side note Tales of a Priests website is REALLY pretty.
- Have a creative flare or just like to doodle on a piece of paper? Busy at work? Good, this is the tool for you then. It actually took me a few moments to realize what was going on with it. You can change the brush that you are using at the top and then you just click and drag around the page.
- Malaren, one of my guildies, likes to call me Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch), she’s from Glee in case you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t seen it.Why are you still sitting there?
Anyway, there’s a great list of Sue sayings that really help you get motivated. My favorite? ”I’m all about empowerment. I empower my Cheerios raiders to live in a state of constant fear by creating an environment of irrational, random terror.”
- I have a little notepad document that I keep my links in with a quick description of what it is. Something to help remind me so that I can do the write up easier. This one is named, Flckr Fckd, because… well… I spent sooo much time doing it that it fucked up the rest of my day. It is crazy how long you will spend DOING NOTHING!
- If you read the comments on my posts you might have already seen this. Adnar pointed out that WoW.com had a post written up about healing Blood Queen Lana’thel. A decent read and has some good pointers in it for all the healing classes.
- It has been a popular trend lately to rape my childhood by remaking movies that shouldn’t be remade OR making movies out of things that shouldn’t be movies! Of course… some movies should have sequels because they are meant for it. This one looks to be great…
Bastards at youtube won’t let me embed it =( You should go there and watch it though as its F’ing awesome.