Since I started blogging I started reading a lot of other blogs (I know, imagine that). I get a chance to see a lot of awesome posts this way and I thought the drudgery of Monday’s would be a great way share those posts and other interesting things that I stumble upon with you.
Each Monday I’ll be bringing you a Mini Map (thx Linaa!) of things I came across last week. Anything that isn’t work safe is denoted as such [NSFW]. If you come across anything you think is awesome and should be included in a Mini Map Monday then feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks all, I hope you enjoy them.
First just a quick note, if you haven’t heard already there is a nasty trojan (not the condoms) going around that has the ability to hack your account (even w/an authenticator). Here’s the copy / paste from MMO Champs that says how it works (I’d have put it in quote’s but it isn’t letting me w/o fucking my formatting).
Basically, what the virus does is fairly simple after you’re infected :
- The next time you log in World of Warcraft, the game asks for your Authenticator code.
- The virus intercepts it, send it to another server, and sends a wrong one to Blizzard = You get an error.
- The people behind the virus now have a few seconds/minutes to use the “real” code while it’s valid to change your password / empty your account / guild bank.
- I don’t pay that much attention to fun items but it seems that Mr. Joybuzz is selling some new toys.
- Everyone has heard about this by now right? The new overcloak slot that is being put into the game. While I don’t think it’ll go much farther than this I’m hopeful it will lead to MORE cosmetic armor that you can use in the future. Maybe those old tier sets in my bank will be worth something later on!
- Ever watch the machinima that people make? I stumbled across this one (its old as fuck) but thought it was funny. The voice acting is REALLY bad in some of the places but then you get things like, “Sometimes you have to kill a family to keep the neighborhood safe.” Just a warning the language is… adult which might make it NSFW.
- It isn’t updated very often but No Stock UI is a great source for some random UI information. A recent post has some very helpful information for those finding themselves a bit lost with their UI sometimes. It helps you find out WHAT that stupid box is.
- Starcraft 2 has been heavy on my mind lately since… uhm… I’d totally have its babies. Are you worried (prolly not) that your computer might not run it? Legion Hardware took some time to checkout the performance with SC2 beta. I can imagine these numbers will get better as the game will likely be even more optimized.
- Ever wonder what your bank alts are doing? Dechion isn’t, in fact they wrote a wonderful poem about it.
- Having bad eyesight has been part of my life since I was a kid. Just seeing fuzzy images without my glasses isn’t the only part of though. You can have issues seeing color as well. I decided to take this while I was at work helping customers, at least I’m hoping that is the reason I ended up with a 24.
- Save The Lightwell has a nice “rant” on how your raid shoots itself in the foot as well as some useful information on making that NOT happen.
- When I saw this post last week it reminded me a lot of Marisse. Why? Has your raid ever included someone that hasn’t spent talent points? She has a big heart and she’s always trying to help out the little guy… which sometimes isn’t such a good thing. (heart u Mar!)
- And, a special gift for the people who raid with me all the time…