Disclaimer: This is 3.3 information so if you don’t want to be spoiled… don’t read it (fucking duh). Please note that I’m writing this off a bit of sleep deprivation at the moment so my math might be a bit off.
It seems that shortly after I posted the first time on this subject it changed… or was fixed. I wonder if there are just weird set bonuses that were ‘thought up’ but never implemented? I wouldn’t mind seeing set bonuses like in Diablo where wearing two or three pieces of a set just gave some extra stats so that any caster could wear it. /shrug
- 2 piece bonus – Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
As you can imagine… that two piece bonus is pretty F’ing hawt. It certainly makes tank healing very nice. I’m interested in seeing if it stacks with itself similar to ignite (which is my guess) or if it overwrites itself (which would make it suck). My average raid buffed Flash crit is about 8k on a target with Grace stacked. An additional 2k heal for doing what I’m already doing is nice. I’m assuming its every 3 seconds that it ticks (would be awesome if it ticked like Lifebloom though, every second).
Anyway you slice it though… its a really good bonus (disc or holy).
- 4 piece bonus – Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.
At first glance I was all… THEY’VE NERF’D US BEFORE THEY EVEN RELEASED US!
It’s not as bad as that though.
Yes, it isn’t as good as it WAS but it still has the opportunity to get some kewl setups of penance flash penance flash penance flash penance (for the slower, lower intellect holy priests… replace penance with COH and you’ll see that is still neat). I’m not gonna go through the maths but its a neat bonus, nothing awe inspiring though that will make me think I need the bonus. =\
There were some other minor changes as well…
- Power Word: Shield; This spell can now be cast on non-raid/party friendly targets.
‘Bout dam time… thats all I say.
- Improved Devouring Plague: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.
This spell has a talent?
- Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
I’m really interested to see how this effects the DPS of a shadow priest. My prediction is some sort of nerf here, maybe halve the effect that haste has on the spells duration. I’m not sure what their internal testing has shown but wow… I think this will really be big. Srsly skyrocket a s.priests DPS if they can get a large chunk of haste.
- Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.
meh… this has been headed in that direction for some time. It was usually just applied to the boss early and forgotten about and there’s no reason to spam it on a bunch of random mobs then mind sear (they’d be dead by the time you got it on most of them). A blue did say…
VE is unlikely to work with Mind Sear. Just sayin. (source)
They are also supposed to be testing Icecrown Citadel soon so start watching for gear pics and hopefully we’ll get the pics of our tier set. If you are into praying (even if you aren’t)… pray for a good looking set. Something dark (read: t6) with wings (read: t5) and an awesome helm (read: t8… even though I’m the only one that liked the t8 helm).