I’m DLing 3.2 right now (but you won’t get to read this until tomorrow). I’m gonna start at the top of the patch notes and work my way down… be prepared for a LONG post because this is a BIG patch.
Rather than just copying over the patch notes I’m just putting in this post. If there is anything I have a comment on, then you’ll find it within as well!
- Trial of the Champion
- 5 Player Dungeon (normal and heroic modes).
- Until now I hadn’t read any information on this dungeon but it consists of 3 bosses. There is no trash, ETA to finish is about 15minutes.
- Normal Mode: Loot is ilvl 200.
- Heroic Mode: Loot is ilvl 213 and all bosses drop Champion’s Seals.
- Trial of the Crusader
- This is the name for the normal mode 10 and 25man Dungeon.
- 4 Bosses (order maybe incorrect):
- Northrend Beasts: You fight a series of 3 fights against a Magnatuar, 2 Jormungars, and one of the new horned Yeti’s.
- Faction Champions: Alliance fights Horde and vice versa. You fight 5 different mobs and there are several from a pool that you can endup fighting. Similar to the fight in Magister’s Terrace that is pvp’ish. Speculation: This fight is more controllable than the hectic pvp fight in Magister’s terrace.
- Lord Jaraxxus: I know nothing about this fight. I saw a video and it reminded me of Archimonde from Hyjal. Can you say eye gouging fun!
- Twin Valkyrs: Again, I know nothing about this fight. I haven’t even read up on their abilities… one is dark, one is light. Maybe they have to die at the same time?
- Undead Anub’arak: Yea, all that bitching everyone did about Anub’arak dying early in Northrend brought his ass back. Arthas animates his stanky butt and you get to fight him. I watched a youtube video of this and I must say it looks like a fun fight for healers. By fun I mean you spam heals until your fingers bleed… and even that might not be enough.
- Trial of the Grand Crusader
- 10 and 25man hard mode versions.
- Crusader’s Tribute: Active on Heroic difficulty only, the tribute system will limit players on the number of attempts the raid is allotted each week. Additional rewards can be earned depending on the number of attempts left after the final boss is toasted.
So just to clarify you can run the same instant 4 times a week. Those of you who know what moderation is… fuck you! I mean, that’s awesome. I’m not one of those people That means in a month or two expect a big post about how I hate Blizzard and the direction they have taken the game. It’ll have something to do with burnout and running the same dungeon 4 times a week plus trying to get a stupid Val’anyr.
Note: The Val’anyr is being updated so its not trivialized by 3.2 Coliseum loot.
Isle of Conquest: It’s something to do with PvP. This is the part I skip.
There’s new dailies if you have the Crusader title. I swear to god if I have to joust again I might just put a lance through my computer.
IMPORTANT: How many times raid leaders have you given the loot to the wrong person, or someone bid on it just as you gave it to the DE’er? Well, now loot that drops off bosses can be traded to other members of the raid for up to 1hr after it has been put into your inventory (assuming no chanting / socketing) which is pretty fucking awesome.
New druid art forms for cat / bear. This will make it easier to tell which of your feral druids is fucking up. Night Elves change the type by changing hair color and Taurens do it by changing skin tone (which they can now do in the barbershop).
RAIDS / DUNGEONS
Raid ID Extensions: It allows you to extend your raid ID to the next week. I can’t see us doing this though, except maybe for Yogg himself when we want to get some Val’anyrs. I think its neat for the casual groups that don’t have a lot of time but if you are stuck on a boss its best (imo) to come back fresh the next week, grab some new needed loot and progress up to the boss for more pwn / wipage.
You can also extend the ID for more than one week… ya know, if you want to burn your raiders out.
- Anything that dropped Heroism or Valor badges… now drop Conquest badges.
- Turn Ins: Conquest x1 => Valor x1 => Heroism x1. This is a one way street.
- The Heroic Dungeon Daily gives two Triumph badges and the normal dungeon daily gives 1 conquest.
The drakes in Oculus and Eye of Eternity (read: Malygos) now scale with iLevel which should make Malygos even easier and those pesky Oculus achievements CONSIDERABLY easier.
- GREEN CLOUDS! Now tell you who the fucktard is. Much crying shall ensue. I can’t begin to tell you how happy this makes me.
- Yogg’s HP is reduced by 20% in 25man in the final stage. This brings him from 16.5mil to 13.2mil.
- It doesn’t say how long, but the timer between Crusher Tentacles in p2 spawning is longer which gives your brain teams a bit more time to clear their shit.
Big changes to the mount system.
- 60% Ground at level 20 for 4 gold
- 100% Ground at level 40 for 50 gold
- 150% Flying at level 60 for 600 gold
- 300% Flying unchanged, except faction discounts now apply.
Mana Regeneration items (read: anything w/mp5) is increased by 25%.
Parry buffed 15%… Dodge nerfed 15%… this means very little if you have both skills but poor bears get pwned.
Replenishment also now does 1% of your maximum every 5 seconds (instead of .25% every one second). That means a loss of .25% mana lost every 5 seconds.
- Prayer of Healing: The percentage of spell power this spell gains in healing (per target) has been reduced from 80.7% to 52.6%. You can find some previous math I did on this here.
- Psychic Horror (I think this is in the shadow tree): This spell no longer has an invisible missile, so there is no travel time before the spell takes effect.
- Penance: Cooldown increased to 12 seconds, up from 10 seconds. This means you are required to have the F’ing glyph now. Thanks Blizzard. Fuckers.
- Inspiration: Instead of increasing armor it now just flat out reduces the physical damage someone takes by 3/7/10%’s.
- Dispersion: Cooldown reduced from 3mins to 2mins.
- Imp. Mind Blast: It still does what it did but now it has a mortal strike component if you are in shadowform.
- Vampiric Touch: The amount of dmg the spell does when dispelled (it does dmg when dispelled?) was doubled.
All of the tradeskills self only stuff got bumped up a bit, something to do with keeping them all balanced with each other.
There’s a metric fuckton of changes to professions.
- Blessed Resilience: Now properly triggered by periodic (read: dots) critical strikes.
- Divine Aegis: This talent will now work properly if the priest moves out of range of his or her target as the effect is resolving.
- Divine Hymn: This spell now works correctly with the trinket Illustration of the Dragon Soul.
- Fixed a bug with Mana Burn where it did not cause fear effects to break when the fear victim had an absorb shield on.
- Mass Dispel: This spell now triggers some types of trinkets it did not trigger before (such as Flow of Knowledge).
- Pain Suppression: No longer can be cast while under the effects of Incapacitate or Cyclone.
Holy fux this is a big patch. I can’t wait to get in and test some new things out. DKs got some big overhauls, enough so that they got a talent refund. Will be fun to read up on whats best and do what they say lol!
There’s even more information over at mmo-champion.com. They have information on the new talent calculators, heirloom items, new bosses abilities, pictures of stuff and epic gem infoz.