Since I started blogging I started reading a lot of other blogs (I know, imagine that). I get a chance to see a lot of awesome posts this way and I thought the drudgery of Monday’s would be a great way share those posts and other interesting things that I stumble upon with you.
Each Monday I’ll be bringing you a Mini Map (thx Linaa!) of things I came across last week. Anything that isn’t work safe is denoted as such [NSFW]. If you come across anything you think is awesome and should be included in a Mini Map Monday then feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks all, I hope you enjoy them.
Today’s Mini Map is polically incorrect. You will be able to judge just how angry people get as you can watch my “people who subscribe” number plummet!
Srsly though, if you are easily offended then you should skip to number 9.
1. I’ve always been amazed at how the social norms change. People become more knowledge, more accepting, things change. Most people don’t notice it… at least not until you take a quick look back on where we’ve come from.
2. Once I decided to do a bit racier Mini Map I figured it was time to throw in some BP oil stuff. They get so much shit from different people that you almost get sick of hearing about. You might even start to think, “Is it really that bad? Stop being so mean to them.” Then you see stuff like this that helps to renew that anger you have at them.
3. Does everyone know what Prop. 8 is in California? Just to sum it up, it was the state constitutional ban on gay marriage. I have to agree with this youtube video though. “If you disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, support overturning prop. 8 and make them get married like the rest of us.”
4. Sometimes the straight guys feel a bit uncomfortable around the gay guys. Maybe it’s the same feeling a girl gets when she goes into a comic store. This should help you out (yes, its SFW).
5. Everyone has different views on religion and it’s always amazed me at the things it spawns. A friend of mine is a member of an aethiest / agnostic message board and some of the funniest shit I’ve ever seen has come from there. For example, have you seen the God FAQ?
6. Have you already heard about the giant Jesus statue that got struck by lightning and burned to the ground? The fact that it was struck and burned isn’t the funny part by any means. It sucks when things you treasure are destroyed.
The funny part is the people that they interview about it. You’d think a tornado hit a trailer park. “I had to see it. What else are you going to do on a Monday night?” That’s the redneck in them (I’ma redneck to mind you! I warsh my clothes all the time, just ask Betsy and I’m sure I’ve said I’m fixin’ to do stuff on vent.)
He was commonly known as Touchdown Jesus or Big Butter Jesus and even spawned a song!
7. The bible is written as vague and rather unspecific in most places. This passage… not so vague, mostly creepy.
8. If you thought what BP oil did was bad though, here’s this to help you keep it all in perspective.
That’s it for the politically INcorrect stuff. =(
9. Shameless plug for a friend of mine, Kraylessa’s boyfriend. He’s in some contest to get the most views on his youtube video. He’s playing a piano and it’s pretty decent. He’s trying to get the most views so if you click on it to watch make sure you don’t click on any of the other people to the right! We want him to win after all. I think the prize is something completely irrelevant to me (some sheet music from someone who may or may not be dead) but she says it’s important to him. Best of luck Dan!
10. Pissed off at me yet? I hope so! This should warm you right up though, “He’s so fluffy I’m gonna die!” It’s a trailer for Despicable Me but the absolute win comes at 1:37 and again at 1:48.